« Home | Happy food @ Azhang » | Uniquely Singaporean 2 » | The Living Apsaras of Cambodia » | Barely legal - Banksy in Los Angeles » | Top of the world » | Wedding bliss and an aimless rant » | Street art in Szentendre » | Lunch at The Song of India » | Tuol Sleng Genocide Museum » | It ain't so bad, being a cow » 

Monday, October 09, 2006 

Walkabout in Joo Chiat

One of the least best kept secrets in my neck of the woods is the quaint old neighborhood of Joo Chiat. I remember wandering these streets as a kid and not much has changed in terms of the architecture and the laid back feel of the place. Many of the shophouses are still around though most have taken on new roles as boutique hotels, bakeries, eateries, girly bars and commercial offices gradually move in.

The following images are from a recent walkabout through the alleyways and side streets. There's always something new to discover everytime I go out there even though I've lived in the area for over 30 years.















Labels: ,

Really nice set! love the angles.

Hmm. Maybe you should drop by my studio for a coffee and a chat. :)

Moving over to Joo Chiat soon. Your photos are so inspiring. Looks like its time to do some walkabt shoot as well.

enuwy - Thanks! Angles, curves, love em all!

heng - I'm more of teh-o sort of guy :)

anon - let me be the first to pre-welcome you to JC!

Very nice. Certainly haven't seen Joo Chiat in this light before.

:) I make tea too. But we can also order what we want at Zeenath with some roti prata.

wooah! Extremely nice take on familar stuff!

These photos are nice! I would have just walk past these lifeless doors and walls. But your pictures bring life out of them and made me notice. Thumbs-up!

Hi well taken photo. Just curious what camera u are using. :)

frm b.oe

heng - anytime, drop me an email at mistersanguine at gmail dot com, my place is but a short 5 min walk to your studio.

b.oe - thanks, the images were made on a Ricoh GR21 compact cam.

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Mr Sanguine
  • From Singapore, Singapore
My profile

My ipod top weekly plays

mrsanguine's Last.fm Weekly Artists Chart





Subscribe in Bloglines
Subscribe in FeedLounge