« Home | Down under with U2 » | In flight entertainment » | What the? » | Sad Mac » | Cityscooped! » | Hospice care in Singapore » | Uniquely Singaporean 3 » | Walkabout in Joo Chiat » | Happy food @ Azhang » | Uniquely Singaporean 2 » 

Tuesday, November 28, 2006 

Off off Broadway - A Christmas at Eton House


The kids at Eton House were putting on a Christmas musical. Here's a behind the scenes look during the full rehersal a couple of days before the big production opened.



Applying makeup to more than 120 young talents was no easy task for the teachers, and not a quiet one either.



Getting ready for her teenage years.



Looking quite a few years beyond his five after missing a shave.



Not missing a day of preschool while waiting for the rehersal to begin.



This little one couldn't help showing off her new pink costume whenever the camera was trained on her.



Looking like a nomadic tribe, the young shepherds prepare to take to the stage.



A sudden case of backstage jitters.



View from stage left.



The lively choir doing its thing.



An attentive audience during the second act.



All in all, an impressive production considering the young ages of the kids involved. A professional stage lighting and sound crew added to the polished touch and not one line was forgotten by any of the talents.

Labels: ,

These are really nice!

Excellent work. Nicely captured.

My favourite is still the 1st photo. You have the uncanny ability to make the ordinary look good.

Oh, and a big public "thank you" for helping me get the book!

Really nice photographs. Were you the official photographer for the event?

KN - You're welcome :) For all you triatheletes, go visit Kewl Nitrox's Blog.

joan - thanks, I was just being a nosy dude with a camera poking around backstage. A colleague had "volunteered" my photography services to the school... I didn't mind of course since I love snapping shots of kids.

nice stuff buddy. I still spend most of my time shooting from the front of house than backstage unfortunately. I should try it at some point......
Btw, u gonna be around over xmas? Will be back for a couple of weeks.

SK - Thanks :) The powers that be surprised me with a break over christmas but the time will likely be taken up by gluttony as I indulge in one feast after another... looking forward to it!

brilliant.i always children enactment of any christmas story. nice captures

I like these alot.

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Mr Sanguine
  • From Singapore, Singapore
My profile

My ipod top weekly plays

mrsanguine's Last.fm Weekly Artists Chart





Subscribe in Bloglines
Subscribe in FeedLounge