« Home | Lunch's Over » | Walkabout in Serangoon Road » | MV Doulos - Part 2 » | Thermal imaging » | MV Doulos - Part 1 » | Cowboys & Aliens » | Has it been a year? » | Christmas lunch » | Geri's Paintings » | Off off Broadway - A Christmas at Eton House » 

Monday, November 10, 2008 

Aviation Photos 7

Continued from Aviation Photos 6.

While I've taken quite a back seat to photographing airplanes these days, there are still a couple of images of these metal birds which I'd like to share.

aviation-7-1

No, I wasn't flying in formation with a B-2 Spirit when this was taken. This is a scale model close to Lockheed's famed Skunk Works where it spends its days as a gate guardian.


aviation-7-2

I've always liked this livery of Air Tahiti Nui. It kinds of transports me to an idyllic desert island setting whenever I set my eyes on it.


aviation-7-4

This little unusual airplane is the Northrop N9M Flying Wing. The only one of its kind left in the world, it first flew as a developmental aircraft in Northrop B-35 program. I was quite fortunate to see this airplane in flight as shortly after this picture was taken, the aircraft suffered an in-flight fire and has not flown again since.


aviation-7-3

This is probably the last image of my aviation series of photos. My interest in aviation photography has waned over the last few years and I hardly have any new material on this topic. So I guess it's apt that this one is flying off into a golden sunset.

Labels:

Good to see your work take flight again. Beautiful shots. Loved the little yellow aircraft.

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Mr Sanguine
  • From Singapore, Singapore
My profile

My ipod top weekly plays

mrsanguine's Last.fm Weekly Artists Chart





Subscribe in Bloglines
Subscribe in FeedLounge